TriHealth Heart Institute
Protect Yourself from a Hidden Killer
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for all women in the U.S. Many people don’t realize that the symptoms of heart disease in women can be different than those in men. Click here to learn more about women and heart disease and their unique symptoms.
A Good Samaritan Reunion
A patient who was treated at Good Samaritan Hospital by the TriHealth Heart Institute after a cardiac emergency was featured in a national story on Good Morning America, recently, after being reunited with the good Samaritan who saved his life. Check out the story from GMA and the follow up from WCPO below.
Award-Winning Cardiac Care earns Highest Quality Rating
When it comes to caring for your heart, you want the best care. The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) recently, gave our Coronary Artery Bypass surgery program at Bethesda North a distinguished STS Overall 3-Star rating for patient care and outcomes.* The STS star rating system is one of the most sophisticated and highly regarded measures of health care quality in North America. The 3-star rating denotes the highest category of quality and places TriHealth’s performance among the top 8% of all heart surgery programs in the US and Canada.
*Based on hospital performance data covering the period from 7/1/18 to 6/31/19.
Best and Fastest Care When it Matters Most
When it comes to caring for your heart, you want the best and fastest care. The TriHealth Heart Institute consistently beats the average national time to treatment in the event of an acute heart attack. We have the most experienced team of surgeons in the region, performing almost twice as many open-heart surgeries than any other regional health system.
With Cincinnati’s leading heart and vascular program, we focus on providing the least invasive option for each patient for optimal outcomes with the least recovery time.
The 1st Place for Heart Care in the Greater Cincinnati Region
- Bethesda North Hospital has received the Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care from Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- 1st disease-specific Joint Commission certification in Ohio and 3rd in the U.S. for cardiac valve repair and replacement at TriHealth Good Samaritan Hospital
- 1st to perform percutaneous/minimally invasive Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repair, and the only training center in Cincinnati teaching the procedure
- 1st Electrophysiology Rythmia™ Center of Training site in OH, KY, IN
- 1st to perform cardiac robotic surgeries in Cincinnati
Experts in Cardiology, Heart Surgery and Vascular Surgery
- Our highly regarded cardiologists and surgeons perform Cincinnati’s widest range of cardiac procedures at multiple locations across the region.
- We are a top provider of acute heart attack care and consistently beat national benchmarks for time to treatment.
- Our Institute is a leader in the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmia, and offer a full range of options for the treatment of atrial fibrillation, including catheter ablation and mini-maze.
- We are a regional leader in cardiac research and clinical trials, offering our patients access to treatment options not available elsewhere.
Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery: We’re the Region's Leader
The TriHealth Heart Institute has pioneered cardiac care for more than a generation, and performs more cardiac robotic procedures than any area hospital. We stand out as:
- Cincinnati’s most experienced in minimally invasive heart and vascular procedures and surgeries.
- The regional leader in robotic-assisted surgery, including cardiac bypass surgery and valve repair and replacement.
- One of the first hospitals in the United States – and one of four in Ohio – to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement, a minimally invasive alternative to open heart valve replacement.
- The first health system in the region to repair aortic aneurysms with custom-built stents, known as fenestrated stents.