A surgical technique used to lift your breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape your breasts.
- General statement: A breast lift is a procedure for breast that have developed ptosis, or sagging, over time. There are a variety of incisions used to help reshape the natural breast.
- Why? Over time the breast deflates and the skin loosens leading to a ptotic breast. A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, reshapes the natural contours of the breasts and lifts the nipple areolar complex.
- Are you a candidate? If your breast sag and the nipple areolar complex is not in the correct position then you are likely a candidate for a mastopexy.
- The procedure and recovery: The incision used will depend on the size and shape of your current breast. After the surgery you will be placed in a surgical bras. Your surgeon will let you know when it is safe to resume normal activities.
- The results: A mastopexy lifts and reshapes the breast. There is no augmentation involved in this procedure the overall volume will not change, but the breast itself can look larger because the native tissue is shaped into a new form.