Surgical technique to reduce the size and improve the appearance of the labial area.
- General statement: Labiaplasty is performed for a variety of reasons. With time the labia can elongate causing an undesired cosmetic look, rubbing, and even infection. This surgical procedure reduces the size of the labia.
- Why? Labia change with time. It is an intimate and important part of a womans body. Cosmetic surgery to restore the labia can relieve displeasure or concern with any changes that have occurred with time.
- Are you a candidate? If you have developed a concern for the appearance of your labia or are constantly bothered by rubbing, rashes, and even infection then you may be a candidate for this procedure.
- The procedure and recovery: The procedure requires an incision along the labia. The extra skin and tissue is removed and the labia are reconstructed.
- The results: A reduced size and better appearing labia.