Following a death, serious accident, act of violence, or other traumatic event, TriHealth EAP staff will conduct an on-site group session or be available on-site to speak individually with your employees to assist them in understanding, normalizing and managing their feelings.
Critical/traumatic events are outside the range of ordinary human experience. They are overwhelming, powerful and generally disruptive to individuals and groups. Some examples are:
- The death or critical illness of a co-worker or a co-worker's family member
- A serious accident or injury involving a employee in or outside of the workplace
- Acts of violence, assault, war, tragic or catastrophic events
- Acts of terrorism, threats, toxic exposure
- Natural disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes or floods
All calls from a company representative for crisis assistance receive an immediate response from TriHealth EAP. The following process is followed:
- Assessment: An initial assessment of the impact of the critical incident/trauma on company personnel is developed.
- Gathering Facts: Detailed information about the critical incident/trauma is gathered.